Code of Conduct
Members of the NORD Corporate Council accept and adhere to the following Code of Conduct:
- The purpose of the Corporate Council is to discuss issues of common interest related to orphan product development with the ultimate goal of developing safe, effective diagnostics and treatments for patients.
- Corporate Council members understand and respect that NORD is the voice of the 30 million Americans with rare diseases and, as such, are always be guided by its determination of what is in the best interests of the patient community.
- Corporate Council members understand and respect NORD’s need to remain neutral with respect to specific products or services. NORD maintains independence in its advocacy positions and initiatives, which are formulated by senior staff, the board of directors, and NORD’s medical advisors.
- NORD maintains independence in the content of its educational materials and decisions within its policy priorities.
- Corporate Council members seek to work in an active partnership among patients, health professionals, and industry.
- Meetings of the NORD Corporate Council, including regular meetings of the State, Federal and Patient Advocacy and Engagement groups, may be attended ONLY by staff of Corporate Council members. Contract counsel or external advisors may not attend on behalf of member organizations.
View Current Council Members
Learn about the current members of the Corporate Council.